Tuesday, 17 November 2009

While we are on the subject (of Gov IT)

Talking about Government IT (which I was in the last post), the strategy talks about the wonders of open source and how it will play a great part in all manner of goodly things...Hmmmm, do you think they mean it this time?  See http://eu.techcrunch.com/2009/02/24/uk-government-lights-a-torch-for-open-source/ . I seem to think I can remember all sorts of committments in the past about open source having to be given a chance and included in Gov opportunities etc etc, but I seem to think I heard something very different from pretty much all the open source community - particularly those agile, innovative - but small (small is the key word here) companies who are continually blocked out by government procurement rules - oh yes, that's despite the 'committments' government have made to SME's - so I must be mistaken, I'd forgotten how committed they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.